Clandestine Memo Books
The newest release from Field Notes. The Clandestine edition is a unique design focused upon ciphers and secrecy. All the necessary ingredients for any spy. Pick one up for yourself to see what lies within the cover.
The covers are made from Mohawk’s Via Antique Vellum in a surreptitious “Urban Gray.” The fronts feature black metallic Crown foil laid atop an enigmatic, dark matte surface. This is the “Clandestine” Edition.
Inside the books, you’ll find 60# Finch Opaque White with light gray dot-graph, perfect for reconnaissance diagrams or snippets of secret code. The last page of each book features a three-part history of codes and ciphers with many examples and anecdotes. There’s also handy cross-reference matrix of various codes on the back covers, because you never know when you’ll need to crack something.
- Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- Cover: Mohawk Via Antique Vellum 80#C “Urban Gray,” with a thick, brute force, 1-color application of “Dachshund Nose Black” soy-based Saphira ink and Kodak NexPress Red UV-Fluorescing Dry Ink.
- Stamped with Crown Foil #991 by Nu Wave Die Cutting & Finishing, Chicago, Ill.
- Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 1-color application of “Langley Fog Gray” soy-based Saphira ink.
- Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" press.
- Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 10S in-line stacker.
- Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine.
- Dot-Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm).
- Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.