Coastal Memo Book 3-Pack
The Field Notes' Coastal 3-pack Spring 2018 quarterly limited edition (their 38th!) features two 3-Packs of Memo Books, separated by 2,800 miles. The “Coastal” Edition is a celebration of the left and right edges of the U.S.A.
Each Coastal Pack displays an American coastline mapped across three memo books in two bright holographic foils, stamped and debossed into Neenah Classic Crest “Cadet Gray” 100# cover stock.
"Coastal East" reveals the Atlantic coast from Maine to Florida. "Coastal West" features the Pacific coast from Puget Sound to the Mexican border.
The thing we love most about this edition is also why it’s difficult to photograph. Depending on the the angle of the light, the two holographic foils can appear to be almost any color, although they start as a deep gold on the shore and a rich, aqua blue in the water.
- Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- Cover: Neenah Classic Crest “Cadet Gray” 100#C, printed with white digital ink and stamped with Crown foils 210F-107 and 563F-107 by Nu Wave Die Cutting & Finishing, Chicago, Ill.
- Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a split-fountain application of “Coastal Blue” and “Coastal Green” soy-based Saphira inks.
- Cover printed on a Hewlett-Packard Indigo 12000 29" digital press; Innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color offset press.
- Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 10S in-line stacker, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the “Founding Fathers of the Staple.”
- Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine
- Reticle grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm).
- Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
- FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.