New Orleans Field Guide
Home to revelry and romance, New Orleans retains an unmistakable sense of itself, an honest, eccentric, deep-feeling city that embraces its ghosts and its newcomers alike.
"It is the city’s status as a place that requires explaining, even to Americans, that is responsible for its foreign aura."
LOCAL STORIES, TRAVEL INTEL AND MODERN LORE, INCLUDING:
- New Orleans’ iconic dishes and where to find them
- Jazz greats and their instrument of choice
- A comprehensive list of Mardi Gras Indian tribes
- A short story from William Faulkner
- A bartender-approved cocktail crawl
- Famous cookbooks of the twentieth century
- A glossary of only-in-NOLA architecture terms
- Letters from Louis Armstrong and Tennessee Williams
- One writer’s harrowing tale of giving birth during Katrina